iCON Air & Mechanical Services values the safety and well being of all of our employees. Because of this, we work hard to develop and maintain a strong safety culture within our organization. This allows our employees to work with the understanding they are not required to start a job that has potential safety hazards. They have the support of the management to be able to stop the job or service call and with the employees’ input, management will implement a safe way to accomplish the task.
With our attention to safety and the safety culture that exists at iCON, it has allowed us to receive an “A” status with ISNetworld and many other contractor qualifications firms. This culture has also kept our EMR rating consistently below the average for our industry. In the event that an employee is injured, iCON’s Return to Work policy is put into place to find them light duty work as soon as possible.
This is just some of the things we do at iCON to create and keep our safety culture strong.
- Regular OSHA requirement hazard specific training.
- All field staff has completed OSHA 10 training
- Implemented an OSHA compliant behavior-based safety incentive program
- Support from the management staff
- Regular job site safety inspections
- Daily tool box talks
- Vehicle safety inspections
- Safety Committee